Wednesday

Loss of a friendly food critic...

I'm sad to report that Milwaukee has lost one of its' greats. Dennis Getto, a local food critic, passed away yesterday. I didn't always agree with his reviews, but he was not only a FIXTURE here in Milwaukee, but one whose reputation preceded him.

The article in the Journal-Sentinel is worth a read, if you have a moment.

Am actually getting ready to head off to Chicago early tomorrow morning. I'll be attending a seminar on recruiting graduate students. Hopefully, it will be prove to be worthwhile. I'm a bit disappointed, as I haven't really had a chance to scope out restaurants in the Chicago area. We'll be staying at the Mart Plaza in River North if any of you have suggestions... I know that Frontera Grill is on my radar, but we'll see if my traveling companion agrees.

No comments: