Thursday

Something I read today: An Omnivore Defends Real Food

In following the hype surrounding Michael Pollan’s latest book, “In Defense of Food", I read this New York Times piece.

Pollan's thesis is simple: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
I don't think that one can really disagree with that premise. It's simple. To the point. And it gets at the heart of what we need to do to eat for health (and for the environment). Admittedly, I'm a bit of a hedonist when it comes to cooking and food, so the "not too much" part is my biggest downfall. But, I digress.

That said --I'm not sure I'll be buying the book.
I've not yet read "In Defense of Food;" but, having read quite a bit about it already, I'm starting to wonder if the information it contains is just more recycled bits. Take for instance Pollan's article "Unhappy Meals" which appeared last January in the NYT.

No comments: