Wednesday

Something I Read Today: Pre-Grilling-Season Tips and Cheesy Bits

Spring has (mostly) sprung here in Wisconsin, but the temperatures are still resisting the rise above 60ºF. We've hauled out our trusty Weber grill for the season, but still find ourselves opting for indoor cooking methods most of the time.

Some of you might know that Mark Bittman isn't always my favorite chef. His tendency toward simplicity (often at all costs) makes me squirm a bit. And he always seems to be pointing out things that seem rather obvious to the likes of me. However, I have to hand it to him. He makes some good points in his recent article about "oven options" when it's not quite grilling season.

I'm especially intrigued by the recipe for mock tandoori chicken -- which is sure to get some oven time at our house.

I also ran across a review of one of my favorite cheeses (Oregonzola) over at Vanilla Garlic. So, I thought I'd share. Lots of good cheesy foodie bits there.

No comments: