Thursday

How I Spent My Week

Having typed out that title, I now feel like I'm a fifth grader writing an essay (What I did over my summer vacation). But, I'll try to get over it.

The reality is, I've had a very surreal week.
When I came into the office on Monday, I found out that my boss had to have emergency surgery to re-attach the retina on his left eye over the weekend. Not sure if you know much about that surgery -- but it's major, and the recuperation requires you to sit with your head down 24/7 for 2-3 weeks post-surgery. What does this mean for me? Well, I'm spending a lot of time going to meetings for him, reading him his email over the phone, and trying to get my own work done in the meantime. I feel terribly for him, so I've also been putting together a "visitation" schedule so that he doesn't get lonely while he's at home, staring at the floor.

In happier news, we've celebrated two birthdays in the past few days. Lily turned three, and her party was on Sunday. It was was a blast! She loved her "measles" cake, and she hooped and hollered over all of her very exciting birthday gifts (Play-doh, a "Dora" suitcase, a "Baby Alive" doll, cool clothes, and the like).

My mother's birthday, which we celebrated on Tuesday, was a bit more sedate. But, my sister and I managed to put together a fabulous weeknight dinner of "Tuscan Adventure" salad, white lasagne, breadsticks, wine... and a white chocolate ganache cake with black raspberries for dessert.

Tomorrow, I have plans to take little Elmo to the vet, as he has been suffering from an ear infection. Turns out those the ear mite scare wasn't the real problem. And the meds that we were given for a bacterial infection haven't done the trick either. So, I'm hoping we can get to the bottom of what's really going on!

I'm not sure what it is about this week, but I'm feeling utterly exhausted already. And it's not even over! I guess my system can only stand so much excitment.

No comments: