Sunday

A "Just Right" Sort of Weekend

Our weekend in brief:
  • Friday night, we rented the first season of Dexter. (The concept behind the show really intrigues me, and we heard that the unedited version is FAR better than the one they've been showing on our local television channel. So, we decided to give it a shot.) AND we made homemade pizza (cheese, sausage, red pepper, and onion on sourdough crust).
  • Saturday, we babysat for Reagan (my sister's baby) during the day, and then stuck around to visit with Keri & Dave. We got home pretty late. So, we were both pretty tired this morning when we pryed ourselves out of bed to go to church.
As great as that sounds, today was really the pinnacle of the weekend. It's unbelieveable how much we got done -- and how much relaxing we managed to do in between all the activity.

After church (which we managed NOT to sleep through) and a round of grocery shopping (during which we picked up all the fixings for tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day feast), we made ourselves an unusually scrumptious brunch of chilaquiles with chipotle field roast (our new favorite non-meat product) and fried eggs, prepared over-easy. We sipped a bit of coffee and read the paper. And THEN, we tackled an incredible amount of house work, which we finished in record time. After the housework, I cut Peef's hair (few people know that I am his barber, and that's a good thing). We sat around for a bit after that, reading more of the paper (bonus!).

And now we're just about to settle in for the night. I'm working on transforming some leftover broccoli soup into a lovely pasta sauce by adding some roasted garlic, a whirl of cream, and a bit of parmesan cheese. We'll have that with a bit of garlic bread, if I get my way, and a glass of Chardonnay. After dinner, I think we'll watch a couple more episodes of Dexter and I'll work on finalizing my St. Patrick's Day menu.

Mmm. St. Patrick's Day.
It's about the only thing I can think of that could be better than this weekend.

No comments: