Thursday

Random Facts about the Lo

While you're waiting for us to post our ever-so-exciting pictures of BBBBB (yes, we're unusually slow this week; and we apologise! I promise they'll be worth the wait)... I thought you might be amused with some random facts about Lo. This post was inspired by a recent post on Jess' blog.

  1. Accent: According to this poll, I am a product of my environment: The Inland North accent. You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" The truth is, I DON'T get those questions (although people sometimes assume I'm from the south)... but let's leave "well enough" alone.
  2. Book: I've started (and not finished) a number of books. I'm reading The Ominivore's Dilemma (Pollan), I'm most of the way through Sting's autobiography, I've started a book called A Certain Slant of Light (Whitcomb), and I am almost ready to start The Kite Runner (Hosseini).
  3. Chore I Hate: scrubbing floors (I should do this more often than I do)
  4. Dad's Name: Wally
  5. Essential Electronic: Computer
  6. Favorite Meal: I know this is cliche -- but I could eat some variation of pizza every day.
  7. Gold or Silver: Platinum?? I know I'm supposed to have a preference here, but I don't. I'm sure one is more appropriate for my complexion (probably silver); but, for me the jury is still out.
  8. Hometown: Milwaukee, WI
  9. Insomnia: almost never
  10. Job Titlez: :) writer, wonderer, bon vivante, traveler, cook, gardener, and girlwonder
  11. Kids: I absolutely LOVE babies, but can appreciate kids.
  12. Living Arrangements: In an adorable Milwaukee bungalow with the Peef and our 4 kittenses.
  13. Mom's Birthplace: Iowa (a very tiny town that I can pronounce, but probably can't spell)
  14. Number of Apples Eaten in Last Week: Probably 3-4
  15. Overnight Hospital Stays: The last time I spent the night in a hospital was when I was born!
  16. Pets: How do I feel about them? Well, I like fuzzy creatures, if that's not obvious.
  17. Question I Ask Myself Quite Often: "What should I make for dinner?"
  18. Religious Affiliation: Lutheran (my opinions about this have changed over the years, but the general idea has stuck)
  19. Siblings: a younger sister, and a younger brother
  20. Time I Wake Up: I wake up between 5-6:30am on weekdays (with an alarm), and between 7:30-9am on weekends (without an alarm)
  21. Unusual Talent or Skill: I am phenomenally good at deciphering bad handwriting.
  22. Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: I've never met a veggie that I didn't want to eat.
  23. Worst Habit: Worrying
  24. X-rays: teeth and left foot
  25. Yummy Food I Make: can't it ALL be yummy?? :) (ok... ok... I think peef would agree that I have a "way" with marinara/tomato sauces)
  26. Zodiac Sign: Libra (and yes, I fit the mold)

No comments: