Although I think we're both getting to the point where we can't wait for November 4th to arrive. And be gone.
While waiting, we're trying to enjoy ourselves.
- We spent the weekend in Dallas, WI... where we partook in their annual Oktoberfest celebration... a small town affair with feasting, Viking combat, and a whorl of other funny, kitschy delights). Eating photos HERE. Other errata to come.
- I've been reading lots of early American literature. And a really great book about early American novels by Cathy Davidson (Revolution & the Word). Yeah -- I'm geeking out. Bigtime.
- Peef has been traveling again. This week he was in Seattle. Ate at a fine little gastropub called SPUR. Very kewl.
- Speaking of spurs. Did I ever tell you that I want to start a bluegrass band called the Pink Spurs? (yeah... another one of those far-fetched dream things)
- This weekend we are planning to finally paint our garage! (yes, the self-same garage that we SCRAPED back in June and primed over the 4th of July weekend). The weather looks positively fabulous (70's, partly sunny). So, we're stoked. Really. Stoked.